dil·i·gence:careful and persistent work or effort

Proverbs 13: 4 The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied.



Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Fresh Herbs

I grow fresh herbs each summer- usually outside in containers mixed with perennials and flowering annuals.  But, this year I decided to keep my herbs inside.  Armed with a $30 Home Depot store credit (a result of some project gone wrong), I headed to the garden center this afternoon on my lunch break.  I had originally planned to paint little clay pots in several colors, but when I saw these babies in the colors I wanted for under 3 bucks a pop, I was sold! 
My 3 must-have herbs are basil, mint and cilantro, so I grabbed one of each.
10 minutes in the green house, and the hard work was done.
I thought about painting a small square with chalk board paint for labeling the pots, but then I had the brilliant idea that chalk would probably write (and be removable) from the pot itself.  And, it does!


Here's to fresh herbs all summer long.  I can already taste the homemade salsa, fresh iced tea with mint and bruschetta.  Mmmm!


xo,

Emily

3 comments:

  1. Sweet little pots! They look so pretty lined up in your window! And I plant more basil than we can eat. I love the scent as well as the flavor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun little inside garden, Emily. Do you know our Home Depot does not have any herbs out yet? Crazy!!! I want some lemon balm. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love the labels and what a handy thing to have growing!!

    ReplyDelete