dil·i·gence:careful and persistent work or effort

Proverbs 13: 4 The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied.



Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Pennant Flag Strikes Again

Wow.  It has been too long since I have posted about anything home project or DIY or craft related.  So, I am here to rectify that!

A couple week ago, I received an invitation to a sweet little boy's first birthday party.  And, while the invitation requested no presents, I begged and pleaded with the little boy's mom to allow me to make him a pennant flag banner that she could use for his first birthday and many more to come.  Thankfully, she said yes!

This banner was made in the same fashion as the one I made for my sister here.  I have made so many of these that I have a cardboard template for the triangles.  The template is roughly 12" on the long sides and 8" on the short sides.  I have found these dimensions to be nice to look at, and they work perfectly with a 3 yard long quilt bias along the top.  Yay for lucky coincidences! 

So, basically, you just cut your triangles and then sandwich them between the sides of the double fold quilt bias and sew one straight line.  I also usually add some ribbon at the ends to help with hanging.
And then, you're ready to party!

 
xo,

Emily

1 comment:

  1. That little boy and his momma sure are blessed to have you as a friend!

    ReplyDelete