dil·i·gence:careful and persistent work or effort

Proverbs 13: 4 The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied.



Sunday, November 13, 2011

a birthday pillow

Today was the birthday of a dear friend.  Someone very special to me.  This person is one of the most thoughtful, kind people I know, so I wanted to give her a small but meaningful token to help her celebrate.  And, wouldn't you know, Pinterest came through for me again.  You see, I am a follower of my friend's on Pinterest, so I could stalk her keep an eye on her tastes pretty easily. 

So, one day I stumbled upon this pin of hers, from here :


Um, adorable, right!??  Knowing I could not surprise my friend by painting her front door, I figured I needed another way to use this idea.  Enter my one of favorite crafty projects ever: the throw pillow.  Folks, I have a pillow problem, but that's an entry for another day.  Bottom line is that once I discovered how easy, simple, ridonculous it is to sew an envelope pillow, it's all I do.  (Well, that might be a slight exaggeration, but I digress.)  So, I knew I wanted to use this idea on a pillow.  So, I whipped up a drop cloth envelope style pillow case and crammed it with an unused form I had lying around.  Then, I grabbed my stencils and some basic craft paint and added the stenciling.  And, funnily, I actually thought the original pin said hi instead of hello, so that is why I ended up with that instead.  And, this is the finished product!

 I immediately loved it.  It's so simple and cute and whimsical.  My friend has dreams of redoing her entryway and perhaps having a mudroom of sorts one day.  How cute would this pillow be on a bench in a mudroom?


I think my dear friend liked the pillow, and I can only hope that when she looks at it, it reminds her of how much I care about her!

xo,

Emily

1 comment:

  1. Your friend *loves* the pillow! (But not as much as she loves you!) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete