dil·i·gence:careful and persistent work or effort

Proverbs 13: 4 The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied.



Monday, November 7, 2011

Old chair, new look

Squee!  Pinch me, I'm so excited.  After a major loss of motivation, I have resumed work on my office/craft room.  Tonight, I recovered my computer chair.


This chair actually has a bit of a back story.  This past spring, a dear friend of mine invited me to an antique sale/flea market.  I had not heard of the specific event, but of course I jumped at the chance to get out and do some pickin'!  So, off we went on what happened to be a lovely spring morning.  We checked out a darling home full of lovely antiques, and then we browsed the property where a bunch of vendors were set up selling their stuff.  As we checked out the final vendors and were discussing heading back to the car, we were so proud of ourselves that we had shopped to our hearts content and STILL had honored the time frame that my friend had set up with her husband (who, in the meantime, had their 4 kids and was prepping one of them for a baseball game).  As we rounded the corner on the side of the property to just double check that we had seen all there was to see, we discovered an entire other lot that we didn't even know was there!  We hadn't even made a dent in all of the vendors and antiques!  Needless to say, my friend called her hubby and begged for more time.  And, being the sweetheart that he is, he obliged.  :)

So, that was the day I picked up this chair.


I loved it from the moment I saw it.  The curves are just perfect.  I remember the lady who was selling it had said that she considered painting it white but decided not to because it was in such good condition.  I couldn't agree more.  I love the natural wood.


I even love the fabric she chose, and I have lived with the fabric for probably close to 6 months now, but it simply doesn't work with what I'm doing in the room.  So, sadly, it had to go.  I found some awesome fabric at HobLob.  I was $8/yard, and I needed 1/2 a yard.  Plus, I had a 40% off coupon, so the fabric set me back less than 3 bucks.


The fabric is a light blue and brown.



I love, love the fabric with the chocolate brown rug I already have in the room, and I think it goes quite well with the wood of the chair.

xo,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment