Well, enough of that. I say it's time for more pictures! This is the view from living room.
Okay so yes, it's true we've been making good progress with this project. But, there is still a bunch to do. I still need to:
- Clean, prime and paint dining room side of half wall. We don't have any of the existing paint color, so that should be fun.
- Clean, prime and paint the ceiling. Again, we don't have that paint color either, so this may turn into painting the ceiling in the entire kitchen, dining/living room and hallway to the bedrooms since they're all connected. (Do I smell a painting party?)
- Repair the crown that had to be removed to take down the upper cabinets.
- Ditch the boob light in the kitchen. I found a semi-flush fixture that is in the same collection as my pendents that I think will be perfect. Only concern is being too matchy-matchy, but we'll see.
- Prime and paint the breakfast room. Goodbye red walls. Yeah, I loved them, but now they've got to go! And, I think I've decided on a paint color or two.
- Figure out what to top the half wall with. Currently, I have a 1x10 cut to size sitting up there. Stay tuned for developments on this front.
- Purchase and install a backsplash. The jury is still out on this one.